Coming Back Home
Have you been away from church for a long time?
Do you still believe in Jesus, but know that you went a direction you shouldn't have?
Are you looking for a new home, a church where you can feel like you are part of the family, and get right again with God?
Jesus teaches us about the value of souls in Luke 15. Jesus reminds us that people are careful when the loss is 1% when it is livestock, or 10% when it is money. How much more then, when it is a human soul and we are seeing the loss of 50%? We, God's family at the North Oak Church of Christ, want you to know that you can come home to God and be restored to the family.
James 5:19-20 provides the foundation for your restoration to God, and for your return to forgiveness. The passage reads,
Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him; Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins. (KJV)
Recognize a few truths from this passage, if you will.
- Any person may find themselves out of the way of truth.
- If you have left the truth, you need to be converted. (conversion is when a person, a sinner, either turns to God, or returns to God in a desire to live in the way of truth.)
- You are now in the status of a sinner.
- Your soul in covered over in your sins, and your soul is in the clutches of eternal death.
- The person who does the work of bringing you back to God is blessed by God, knowing they have shared in the work of Christ on the Cross--because they have saved a soul from death, and covered a multitude of sins.
- You can return to God and be forgiven of your sins, and placed again on the path and promise of eternal life.
- If you are reading this, thinking about returning to God, you are here by Divine appointment to come home.
Please know, dear brother or sister who has wandered away from God, that the Father is waiting and desiring for you to come home.